Choosing the right person to perform CoolSculpting on you can be very stressful.
As body contouring procedures become more popular, so does the possibility of botched results or shady providers. Not to mention the fact that these types of treatments force you to become quite vulnerable. You’re showing the parts of your body that you’re the most insecure about to a stranger!
Naturally, you want your CoolSculpting provider to offer the best, safest, and most effective experience possible.
When you’re choosing a provider, here are 7 things that you should look for before you give them the green light.
- Good understanding of the treatment. Your CoolSculpting provider should be — or at least have supervision from — a medical professional who understands anatomy. Often, the physicians at a medical spa will delegate the task of performing CoolSculpting treatments to their providers. If the provider has only had minimal training, and they aren’t able to fully answer your questions about how the treatment works, what it feels like, etc. you might want to search for someone new.
- Lots of practice. How many CoolSculpting treatments have your providers done? Even if the medsap is CoolSculpting Certified, the technician may not have the adequate amount of training necessary to give you optimal results. The best way for them to gain that experience is by doing lots and lots of treatments. So, are you their first CoolSculpting client ever? Or are you number 100?
- Transparent pricing. If your provider is hesitant to tell you the price of the service, it might be because they genuinely don’t remember what it is — or else, they might be worried you’re going to freak out at the number. Aesthetic and body contouring treatments can be expensive sometimes, but the price is a guarantee of the quality of the service. It shouldn’t scare you off, and your provider shouldn’t be scared to tell you what it really costs.
- Happy patients. Check out your provider’s social media accounts and customer reviews. If people are happy with their results, that’s great!
- Positive body-talk. It’s true that CoolSculpting is only approved for people within a certain BMI range, but if you’re outside of that range, your provider should be able to give you some suggestions. They should want to help you feel good about yourself. If that means “feeling skinny,” so be it — but feeling skinny shouldn’t necessarily be the goal, and “feeling fat” is not inherently bad. The best providers are capable of seeing the beauty in everybody, regardless of their weight, and want to help you feel like the most confident version of yourself.
- A comfortable treatment space. Your entire experience should be comfortable, private, and relaxing. It’s going to take some time to complete your treatment, so the best providers will do everything they can to make you feel at home while you wait for the cycle to complete.
- The complete set of applicators. There are several different FDA-approved applicators for the various treatment areas. Your provider should be able to accommodate the treatment area of your choice — if they only have an applicator or two, you might want to look elsewhere.
If you’re a Wisconsin local, you’ll be pleased to know that Evolution Body Transformation fits all of these criteria! We would love to be a part of your body contouring journey.